Friday, June 22, 2012

I am Officially Lazy

I decided I need new pajamas.  Fine, I can pick up a soft, tagless sleep t-shirt and make some pants for myself.  No problem.  But when I considered whether or not to put in an elastic or drawstring waistband, I realized that I must be the laziest person on the planet.  Because I don't want to tie my pants.  It takes too much time and effort.  To tie a bow.  Seriously.
Then I realized, I can't be that lazy.  (Oh, but I am.) But wait . . . I'm going to sew the pants myself.  So, that counts, right?  I mean, I cook almost everything from scratch.  I make my own cleaning products.  I grow some of our food.  This does not sound like the makings of a lazy person.

Yet, I draw the line at tying pants.  Yup, that's where I draw the line.  At the drawstring.  I mean, something's got to give, right?  Why not the pants?  We all have to draw our own line somewhere, otherwise we'd run ourselves into the ground.  Now, I am well aware that the few seconds it takes to tie a drawstring will not make or break my day.  I know this.  But then again, at the end of the day, if I'm already ticked off and tired and ready to go to sleep and not have to do one more thing for one more person . . . yes, tying my own pants just might send me over the edge.

Hey, at least I'm honest about it.

Where do you draw your line?  Is it always with the big stuff, or is it with the silly, small stuff.  Like pants.  'Fess up!

4 comments:

  1. I am totally with you on that! If I could sew pants (something I'd like to attempt sometime...now I only make quilts) I would want the elastic too. I am also one who works so hard to live a life with whole foods made from scratch, gardening, homemade cleaning products but love those things that can be done to make life a bit easier :) We deserve to take it easy after all we do, even if it means not tying our pants! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pants are the easiest item of clothing to start with. Shirts are a pain.
      I agree, we do deserve a break! :)

      Delete
  2. I love the photo, Michelle.

    I can't think of my line right now. Whatever I drew, it already melted. :) More normal (for us, for June) weather is supposed to return tomorrow...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Amy. It's my lazy photo. Plus, that's exactly where I spend my early afternoons.

      Delete