- Main character motivations, fears, goals, etc. and lots of questions that need answers.
- An initiating event, and a basic conflict to get the story rolling.
- A couple of plot points or twists I'd like to include.
- Vague hints of other characters. Not certain who the antagonist is at this point, but that's ok. I like to leave some discovery for the drafting process.
- I even sat with my 9 yr old (who will be doing the young writers program next month) and helped her create a plot chart for Star Wars: A New Hope. By "help" I mean that I sat there and asked if she knew what fit where. She really didn't need much help. Love it!
- Reading. Hey, it's homework for writers. I swear.
Next on the agenda (should have been today, but, eh, feeling cruddy, so next week) will be creating a map. Or maps. Hopefully I'll actually have something to show. A collage, perhaps?