I'm Michelle. Lover of all things beautiful, organic, and slightly irreverent. No, I'm not a punk. (But I won't be offended if you think so.) Chamomile Punk is a state of being, not a person. It's about embracing those things that soothe and comfort me, while still retaining a few rough edges.
I live in The Heart of Cajun Country with my little family of four, and I couldn't be happier anywhere else. My girls are the product of growing up with a writer and a musician for parents. We are quite an eclectic bunch of people, who like to make each other laugh.
Here are a few other things you should probably know about me:
- I enjoy sewing, gardening, and reading. Lots of other stuff, too.
- I follow the rhythm of the seasons: Spring, Summer, Football, and Gumbo.
- I'm a "from scratch" kind of girl. Whether it's cleaning supplies, food, clothes, or accessories, I'd rather make it myself.
- I like to wing it, so I have trouble following directions.
- I like change. As a kid, I used to hide in my room and rearrange all of my furniture.
- I'm not afraid of heavy lifting. Of any kind.
- I like trying new things. Usually without a manual.
- I'm an introvert, and I crave quiet and calm. Both are hard to come by in this house, so I drink lots of herbal tea.
- I believe essential oils and herbs can fix almost anything when properly combined with lots of love and rest.
After years of writing columns and articles about parenting and homeschooling, I needed something just for me. Something completely self-indulgent. A place where I could talk about my adventures, even if those adventures don't take me any farther than my kitchen, sewing machine, or little backyard garden.
Enter Chamomile Punk.
It's a bit of attitude with your afternoon tea.
My goal is to be honest. That doesn't mean I share everything about my life, but it means that what I do choose to share will be honest and true. Maybe not pretty, but real.
Don't worry, I'll share pretty stuff, too.
I like pretty.
Thanks for reading. :)
You can contact me at chamomilepunk (at) gmail (dot) com